Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Deadly Sin + 10 Images

Dr. Evil - Image taken from Google

 So my deadly sin was "greed."  I think I chose some pretty good images to move the meaning.  At first I t thought it would be a tough task, but as I began diving into it, it came quite naturally.  Finding a good image was the fun part.  Some were funny and others were serious.

Class started off with us showing all of our images.  We got to walk around and decide which of the seven sins was being portrayed.  I think overall everyone did a good job.  We talked a little bit about them and even deciphered a few that were difficult to figure out.

Towards the last hour of class, Jimmy put on a video called Powers of Ten.  I have to admit it was a bit confusing and interesting at the same time.  It's hard to explain so I'm just embedding the video so everyone can take a look for themselves.




Take it for what it is.  Our assignment for the weekend is to come up with a creative brief for the film Powers of Ten.  We have to come up with a one-page outline for the target audience, client, marketing stand point, and the who, what, when, why, how.  Tomorrow I will be at the music hall on campus for the gauge speaker at 7pm.  The speaker will be Ismael Obregon.  I will have to write a one-page response by Monday.  Can I do it? 




3 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted at just the thought of all the thinking and writing that will be involved for these next assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same feeling with Andrea, but what matters to me is that my response will be close to what the right answers are. I am looking forward to a GAUGE speaker event tomorrow night because the last one I went to was really interesting and it made me think about designs even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent choices for your deadly sins. it was kinda fun choosing the images.

    ReplyDelete